This Keto Taco Casserole is loaded with cheesy taco goodness without any of the carbs. This low carb friendly dish really hits the spot.
I’m a big fan of casseroles because they allow for easy cleanup, and are great for meal prep. This keto taco casserole is sure to be a regular on your meal plan!
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups cauliflower rice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- homemade taco seasoning, two tablespoons store brought
- ¼ cup water
- 14 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 limes sliced into wedges
HOMEMADE TACO SEASONING
- 1 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
To make the homemade taco seasoning, add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until evenly mixed. Set aside.
Add oil to a large pan or skillet and bring to medium-high heat.
Add in cauliflower rice.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender. Drain and place cauliflower into a bowl to set aside.
In the same pan, add garlic, onion, ground beef and bring to medium-high heat.
Cook until ground beef has browned, crumbling the ground beef as you cook it. Drain out excess fat.
Sprinkle taco seasoning across ground beef.
Stir in the black beans.
Add ¼ cup water and diced tomatoes (including the liquid). Stir and cook on medium heat until everything is evenly mixed and the sauce has thickened.
Add the cauliflower rice back in and mix with the taco meat, cooking for a few minutes on medium heat. Drain any liquid from the pan.
Add taco cauliflower rice into a 9 x 12 inch casserole pan. Sprinkle cheese across the surface.
Bake in the oven at 350F for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Garnish with cilantro.
Serve with lime wedges.