This salad is perfect for summer!
It is refreshing and tart, with arugula, sliced red onions and creamy goat cheese, all topped with a citrusy cilantro dressing. It’s great as a side salad or add some protein to make it an entrée! It is especially delicious served alongside salmon!
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, packed, stems mostly removed
- 1 medium-sized pink grapefruit, juiced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
For the salad:
- 4–5 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 large pink grapefruit, sliced with skin on or peeled and split into wedges
- 1/2 medium-sized red onion, peeled and sliced thinly
Make the dressing:
Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend on high until well combined but bits of cilantro still remain.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Just shake or stir before adding to the salad.
Assemble the salad:
In a large bowl, add the arugula, goat cheese, grapefruit and onion. Add the desired amount of dressing and toss to combine.